How to Apply
To apply to the Teacher Certification Program for College Graduates (TCPCG) at Avery Point:
- Mail the following materials, in one completed packet, to the Graduate School:
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work completed to date
- TOEFL scores (international students)
- Residence Affidavit
University of Connecticut
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
- Gather the following materials which will be required during your electronic application to the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement (between 1000 and 1500 words) Describe why you are choosing to become a science or math teacher at this stage in your life. What were your most significant pre-college experiences? What firsthand activities have you had doing science and/or math? What involvement have you had working with youth? What other factors contributed to the decision to apply to Avery Point’s STEM teacher certification program?
- Submit Praxis Core test scores or waiver test scores prior to beginning the program*
- Evidence of having taken appropriate content area Praxis II test
(Note: All candidates need to have taken their respective Praxis II exam(s) prior to beginning the program)
- Resume* (maximum of 2 pages)
- Complete the Online Application to the Graduate School.
- Click here to access the Graduate School’s Online Application
- Applications are accepted from September 1-December 1
- Letters of recommendation are not required. Please list 3 references with the application.
*Note: These documents are required specifically for admission into TCPCG.
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications and support materials. Applicants who satisfy the minimum qualifications determined by the faculty are invited to participate in a required pre-admission faculty team interview.