How to Apply
To apply to the Teacher Certification Program for College Graduates (TCPCG) at Avery Point:
- Mail the following materials, in one completed packet, to the Graduate School:
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work completed to date
- TOEFL scores (international students)
University of Connecticut
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
- Gather the following materials which will be required during your electronic application to the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement (between 1000 and 1500 words) Briefly describe why you would like to teach in your specific content area and your experiences working with students or youth.
- Submit Praxis Core test scores or waiver test scores prior to beginning the program*
- Evidence of having taken appropriate content area Praxis II test
- All candidates need to have taken their respective Praxis II exam prior to beginning the program
- Resume* (maximum of 2 pages)
- (3) References (names and emails only)
- Complete the Online Application to the Graduate School.
- Click here to access the Graduate School’s Online Application
- Applications are accepted starting September 15th.
- For preferred consideration, apply by December 15th.
- Letters of recommendation are not required. Please list 3 reference names and emails in your application.
*Note: These documents are required specifically for admission into TCPCG.
The Admissions Committee will review only completed applications and support materials. Applicants who satisfy the minimum qualifications determined by the faculty are invited to participate in a required pre-admission faculty team interview.