How to Apply to TCPCG
Applications to TCPCG will be accepted from Sept. 1 to March 1 for the programs beginning in Summer 2022 at the UConn Avery Point, Hartford, and Waterbury campuses.
Applications to TCPCG in the new UConn Stamford location beginning in Summer 2022 are due by May 8, 2022.
Please note that the Admissions Committee cannot make a decision about your application until the application is complete with all required information and materials.
- Assemble your application materials for the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement (between 1,000 and 1,500 words) briefly describing why you would like to teach in your specific content area and your experiences working with students or youth
- Current résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work (including UConn)
- Foreign transcripts MUST be evaluated by one of the following: Education Credential Services; Global Credential Evaluators; Joseph Silny & Associates; or SpanTran (See CSDE website.)
- Names of three references with email addresses
- Applicants with a cumulative grade point average below the state minimum (2.7) must apply for a GPA waiver
- Evidence of having taken appropriate content area Praxis II test or ACTFL
(Note: All candidates need to have taken their respective Praxis II exam(s) prior to beginning the program)
- Admitted students must provide test results on Praxis Core or waiver test scores
- Complete the Application to the Graduate School
- Mail official transcripts in one packet to:
Graduate Admissions Office
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152