Teacher Certification Program for College Graduates (TCPCG)
Applications to the TCPCG Program are accepted from Sept. 1-Dec. 15 of each year, for the program beginning the following summer.
Please note that the Admissions Committee cannot make a decision about your application until the application is complete with all required information and materials.
- Assemble your application materials for the Graduate School:
- Personal Statement (between 1000 and 1500 words) Describe why you are choosing to become a teacher at this stage in your life. What were your most significant pre-college experiences? What involvement have you had working with youth? What other factors contributed to the decision to apply to the Neag School of Education’s teacher certification program?
- Current résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts of all collegiate work (including UConn)
- Foreign transcripts MUST be evaluated by one of the following: Education Credential Services; Global Credential Evaluators; Joseph Silny & Associates; or SpanTran. See CSDE website.
- Names of (3) references with email addresses
- Applicants with a cumulative grade point average below the state minimum (2.7) must apply for a GPA waiver
- Evidence of having taken appropriate content area Praxis II test or ACTFL
(Note: All candidates need to have taken their respective Praxis II exam(s) prior to beginning the program)
- Admitted students must provide test results on Praxis Core or waiver test scores
- Complete the Application to the Graduate School
- Mail official transcripts in one packet to:
Graduate Admissions Office
438 Whitney Road Ext., Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152